Dec 5, 2012

Frankenstein by: Mary Shelley

Description

Few creatures of horror have seized readers' imaginations and held them for so long as the anguished monster of Shelley's Frankenstein. The story of Victor Frankenstein's monstrous creation and the havoc it caused has enthralled generations of readers and inspired countless writers of horror and suspense.

Opinion

So, I obviously picked this because I thought it was going to be like one of the many movies made about it, but no. It's extremely different. I actually didn't really like this book. First of all, I think it's weird when authors write in second person ( "I" and "you" like their talking to the reader). It's just weird. The monster and victor frankenstein both talk like their talking to the reader. Walton though, he just writes letters to his sister but that's all of his involvment. It's a weird book that I expected to like but ended up not likeing at all. It dragged on for seemingly eternity. I wouldn't really suggest reading this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment