Mar 3, 2013

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


Description

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.

Opinion

So I re read this book for two reasons. One, because they made a movie, and two, because they made a fourth book. I haven't read this book since I read the third one about two years ago because the third one made me cry (I wont say why until I re read that one, which I plan to). I like the story and the characters so much though that when I found out there was a fourth one I was glad I didn't burn the books......Yeah I didn't like the third one so much I was considering it, which is sad because every book is like my bible so.... but yeah. I like Lena but sometimes every thing is to dramatic and they should dial it down...at least in this one. Oh, and by the way, the movie sucks. Well....it's a good movie but things are really different than the book and the only things that are the same are in different places and completely switched around. The graphics are good and the story is good....it's just different than the book. Yeah, if you've seen it, what did you think compared to the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment