Jun 18, 2012

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling



Description

In one of the most hotly anticipated sequel in memory, J.K. Rowling takes up where she left off with Harry's second year at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Old friends and new torments abound, including a spirit named Moaning Myrtle who haunts the girls' bathroom, an outrageously conceited professor, Gilderoy Lockheart, and a mysterious force that turns Hogwarts students to stone.

Opinion

I am amazed at how much the movie leaves out from the book. There are so many situations where I'm reading that I start thinking, "If this was put in the movie it would have been less confusing". You don't realize it until you read the books how much the movies confuse you. The movie doesn't tell the whole stories. My family is the family that watches the whole series every year, but it wasn't until I read the books that I even remember the names of all of Ron's brothers and sister. That's pretty sad. I also like how the book really just puts you into the story. When watching a movie you sit there thinking "wow I wish this were real" but when you're reading it you're thinking like you ARE harry potter. I don't know, that's just how I experience books. I also like that Rowling puts more of the Ginny/Harry romance things in more, real life scenarios where Ginny's brothers tease her, and the feeling of a little boy who isn't quit sure how to feel about a girl yet. It's a really good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment