Apr 6, 2012

Huckleberry Finn by: Mark Twain

I was made to read this book by my English Teacher and I have to tell you, I wasn't very excited about it. I'm halfway through the book and it seems that I got nowhere with it. The lack of a plot might have been adventurous and daring when it was written but NOW it seems to be lacking something that is needed to write a "good book". Without a plot books take you nowhere. The idea that Mark Twain was called an artist for writing in the language of the time is almost revolting. You can barely understand it, and who told him that it was a good idea? You get confused because the charectors are speaking in third person. Books are a way to travel to places you've never been, but I'm almost ready to pack up and head home.

1 comment:

  1. Great. I can't wait to read it NOW. :/ Stupid english teacher, why can't we get over learning about history in english and instead learn more about how to write TODAY and not how to write like someone who died over two hundred or more years ago?

    ReplyDelete