Mar 20, 2012

A Monster Calls by: Patrick Ness

I started the book A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness with very little expectations. I had herd it was a good book, and it seemed like the kind of book that I would be interested in, but I still didn't know if it would be that great of a book. Im only on page 51 right now but I can honestly say that this book is a work of art. There is one line inperticular that really caught my attention just a little while ago, that I'd like for anyone who reads this post to remember. Maybe it wont mean that much to you but this line, to me, pretty much sums up all the reasons I like to read and write. "Stories are wild creatures," the monster said. "When you let them loose, who knows what havoc they might wreak?" The world could use a little chaos in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment